home | accommodation | venue hire | youth camps | corporates | about | contact us
|Ingwe is available as a venue for hire to businesses, organisations, schools, churches etc, to run their own programmes, retreats or workshops in an undisturbed and safe environment. The venue would be exclusively yours!
Weddings and Functions
Weddings are very popular at Ingwe particularly for those looking for a natural forest theme.
A unique venue with many options available to bring your dream wedding to life.
We also include the planting of a tree at Ingwe in your names towards carbon offset of your wedding or function. If you are interested in having a carbon neutral function at Ingwe, this can be arranged through our local NPO The Green Ticket.
Our facilities are user-friendly covering all your basic needs. We will gladly arrange hire of any further equipment that is required. We can go up to 80 people seated with our existing equipment in the main lodge, up to 100 if you hire in extra tables and up to 150 if you hire a stretch tent, tables & chairs to be set up on the field. Lots of options!!
The wrap around deck at the wooden Lodge, plus the covered veranda has fantastic views. The deck leads to the boma area which has plenty of seating and is perfect for a group photo of the entire party and once the sun sets, the ultimate spot for a roaring bonfire. The views surrounding the Lodge act as a superb backdrop for photographs.
Forest Cottage is ideal for a bride's or groom's party the night before the wedding. It has 8 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchenette and lounge. There is no better place to get ready for your special occasion, the surrounding sights and sounds of the forest will help calm and prepare you for the events ahead.
A natural clearing in the indigenous forest is also available for those looking for a special place in the forest for their ceremony or this can be even used for a picnic or as a unique setting outside for a workshop/meeting in a pristine natural setting. Definitely not for high heels, but easily accessible otherwise…
Various hire options are available and privacy is assured.
Venue hire includes the following:
If you should require the use of the venue the day before for setting up our standard day rate for day hire of the venue applies.
The venue needs to be cleared of the function décor etc by 10h00 the next morning, but a later time can be discussed if needed.
These rates include the use of:
- The Main Lodge (450m²) which has an equipped kitchen and crockery & cutlery for 80 pax, a dining area that has wooden tables with benches. We do not include glasses – these are to be hired in
- Covered deck area with ceiling fairy lights. Outside of lodge building is strung with fairy lights along roof edge & well as ablution block building
- A Boma with plenty of seating for meals around the fire or as an outside workshop area during the day
- Reasonable use of firewood, cleaning detergents, black bags, mops, brooms, toilet paper & refuse removal
- Swimming pool and field where a stretch tent could be set up and is also used for extra parking
- Rustic clearing lit with fairy lights for evenings, in the indigenous forest for the ceremonies or welcome drinks that has 3 wooden decks. Pathway is lit by fairy lights strung up in the trees. Path leading to this clearing is not for high heels
- These rates do not include cleaning; if this is required a daily rate can be discussed. We require our venue to be *in a “leave it how you found it state” Some function co-ordinators include these costs in their quotes.
- Ingwe is situated in a pristine environment – no animals allowed and littering & unnecessary noise levels will not be tolerated. Cut off time for evening functions is midnight
- If confetti is to be thrown kindly ensure that it is the biodegradable kind – petals, leaves or fynbos flowers…
- No fireworks or sky lanterns allowed
- We have a list of reputable catering companies that can provide a menu to suit your requirements and budgets and we are happy to discuss a self-catered option if necessary.
If you are intending on running a cash bar – this has to be operated by our in house caterer as we don’t have a liquor licence and they have the means to operate the bar for us.